February 2, 2013
John Smith, Principal
Right Elementary School
123 Carroll Lane
Anyplace, NJ 11111
Dear Mr. Smith,
We are the parents of your Mary Washington (03/23/08) who is currently in Mrs. Carter’s 1st grade class. We are requesting a copy of all educational records for our child. This request extends to all educational records maintained by the district, including but not limited to the following:
- Psychological evaluations and reports including standard scores, percentile rankings, grade and age equivalent scores and recommendations and observations.
- Cumulative educational records.
- Progress reports and report cards, grades and comments.Group and individual achievement and ability tests, statewide/district assessments, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech Language evaluations, and psychoeducational reports with grade and age equivalents; standard scores; raw scores; percentile ranks; observations; and recommendations.
- Disciplinary records and reports.
- Attendance records.
- Case conference summaries and minutes, SST meetings and minutes, 504 Plan and minutes, and/or IEP’s including goals, objectives and minutes.
- Functional behavioral assessments and behavior intervention plans.
- Medical records.
- Anecdotal notes and e-mails maintained by teachers (including general and special education teachers), school psychologists, counselors, administrators, or any other school system staff.
- Prior written notices.
- Collected work samples.
- Data Collection.
- Informal testing.
- All e-mails pertaining to student.
Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter. Please let us know when these records will be available for pick up. (OR – if documents are electronic copies ) You can email any electronic copies to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you have an upcoming IEP meeting) – We have an IEP meeting scheduled on March 5, 2013. Please provide records in advance of this meeting. Place a copy of this request in our child’s school file.
Mr. & Mrs. Jack Washington
cc Special Ed. Lead Teacher (or your child’s case worker) Special Ed. Supervisor (optional)