Nicole Bovell Ed.S.
Nicole is a special education consultant dedicated to empowering parents and families with special needs children. She focuses on guiding parents through the special education process, by providing advocacy and IEP help, as well as parent coaching strategies.
Why Beyond Special Education?
Beyond Special Education was started to help struggling parents understand the complexities of special education. Nicole brings her experience as a former special education teacher and counselor to help parents understand how to interact in IEP meetings, how to advocate for the child, what they should know about their parental rights and guidance and support for loss parents.
Areas of Expertise
Degrees, Certification and Affiliations
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology
Master’s degree in Counseling
Master’s degree in Special Education
Education Specialist degree in Teaching and Learning
State Certified Special Education Teacher
State Certified Elementary Education Teacher
State Certified in Behavior Disorders
Member of COPAA
Ways Nicole Can Help
- Review your child’s IEP file and provide you with an action plan for your next IEP meeting.
- Provide trainings and workshops for parents/organizations for child development, advocacy, IEP help and behavior.
- Understand your child’s individual needs to develop an individualized educational plan.
- Collaborate with your family to resolve immediate issues and effectively assist you in planning for your child’s future.
- Provide your family with the information you need to know about your child’s educational rights and available options allowing you to make informed decisions about your child.
- Educate your family about the advocacy process to make you feel more confident in your own ability to advocate for your child in the future.
For more information, contact me.
To request services, click here.